History of Imperial
Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountain region, Imperial Headwear has been providing top quality headwear since 1916. Imperial entered the headwear industry as a manufacturer of highly fashionable wool dress caps. Uniform dress caps were added to the product line in the 1920s and 1930s and by the advent of World War II, wool military caps because a major sales generator.
By the 1950s, Imperial became one of the first headwear manufacturers to cater to the growing golf industry. The decoration of headwear with customer logos became popular in the 1950s with simple logo patches sewn onto caps. Imperial was the first company in the golf industry to develop expertise in using direct embroidery.
In the late 1990s, Imperial transitioned from embroidering the front panels of the caps prior to assembly to a "finished cap" model - embroidering directly on a finished blank cap. This change led to expedited return on orders, resulting in unparalleled service and delivery.
Today, Imperial embroiders more than 10,000 units per day during the peak season and offers customers a wide variety of products ranging from lightweight cotton caps to titanium-infused performance caps.