Director of Sales – Supply Chain
Founded in 1916, Imperial Headwear is the leading manufacturer of premium quality
headwear, casual apparel and accessories for the golf market. Imperial’s products can be found at 99 of the Top 100 and over 70% of the Top 400 golf courses in the United States. For more information on the brand, please follow Imperial on social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Imperial is seeking a “Director of Sales” to lead Imperial’s business development for supply chain customers. This individual will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new business opportunities that primarily involve private label headwear and potentially apparel as well.
To be successful in this critical and visible role, this team member must have successful prior experience in sales development, international headwear sourcing, ability to network with clients, a deep understanding of pricing strategy, as well as superb organizational and prioritization skill sets.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Revenue Growth – Driving consistent sales growth over time and gaining market share through bringing on new customers that fit specific criteria, such as MOQ’s and margin thresholds.
- Headwear Sourcing – Must be intimately familiar with headwear sourcing logistics and design nuances.
- Custom Solutions – Ability to be creative and design custom solutions for each customer.
- Key Account Management – Act as corporate liaison for top customers.
- Forecasting – Ability to project sales budgets and production numbers.
- Presentation – Build and deliver polished sales presentations, both at customer meetings and sales conferences.
- Travel – This person must be able to travel consistently to sales presentations, trade shows, and other meetings & events. Estimated travel approximately 60%.
The Director will report to the VP of Supply Chain.
Critical Operating Relationships
- CEO of Paramount (parent company)
- President of Imperial
- SVP of Sales
- SVP of Product & Marketing
- SVP of Operations
- VP of Operations
- Customer Service Representatives
- Art Director
- Director of Sourcing
- Production & Shipping
- Base salary plus incentives
- Health care
- Vacation, Holidays
- Relocation to the greater St. Louis area (as needed)
- Apparel or Headwear Design Experience – Intimate familiarity with graphic design and embroidery. Knowing the difference between a JPG and Vector art is a must. A creative eye for custom logo decoration is a huge competitive advantage.
- Customer Service – Outstanding bedside manor with customers, internal stakeholders and holding everyone involved accountable in good and bad business situations.
- Communication – This individual should have excellent oral and written communication skills. Dedication to detail and craftsmanship of the written word, as well as command a room with oral presentation. Being able to effectively communicate, negotiate, sell an idea and tell a story is the key to success in this position.
- Golf & Brand Affinity – Important but not mandatory to have a passion for and keen understanding of the game of golf, its unique culture and especially the Imperial brand.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint / Keynote is a must for this role. Familiarity with basic Microsoft Suite, Gmail and order entry software.
- Education – College degree preferred.
"*" indicates required fields